Professional Immigration Service
- Green Card Winners
- Qualifying Countries
- Have a Question? Ask A Specialist
Apply for the DV Lottery and start living the American Dream
The New World has always attracted enthusiasts from the four corners of the earth who are striving for self-realization and prosperity. To help them get where they want to be, the United States State Department issues 50,000 Green Cards under the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program every year. It aims to provide people in other nations with the opportunity to become permanent residents of America and foster multiculturalism within the country. Thousands of individuals apply to participate in the Green Card Lottery annually, hoping to win a lucky ticket to a new life in the United States. You can become one of the fortunate souls who get the reward they wished for.
From the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs Visa Services
The congressional mandated Diversity Immigrant Visa Program is administered on an annual basis by the US Department of State and conducted under the terms of Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Section 131 of the Immigration Act of 1990 (Pub. L. 101-649) amended INA 203 to provide for a new class of immigrants known as “diversity immigrants” (DV immigrants). Alien petitioners for the Diversity Visa Program will no longer be permitted to submit a petition by mail. Instead, the Department will require that all petitions be submitted to it in an electronic format, using an Internet website dedicated specifically to the submission and receipt of Diversity Visa applications.
US GREEN CARD OFFICE provide a value added service for all our clients in 20 different languages, and our fee for this value added service starts from $80.00 The official submission period for the Green Card Lottery is normally 30-60 days but this can vary from one year to another and is typically between the months of October and November. Our professional immigration team offers you the opportunity to prepare and complete your USA Green Card application online according to all legal requirements 365 days per year. Your application will be submitted within the right time as announced by the US Government in the year in which you apply. As soon as your application has been submitted to the US Government by our immigration team an official confirmation number will be send to you as your proof that your application has been received by the US Government.
Why do certain countries not qualify for the Diversity Visa Program?
The Green Card Diversity Lottery allows natives of myriad countries to acquire permanent American residency. As a winning participant, you and your family can become United States citizen through naturalization.
People from the following regions can take part in the lottery:
- North, South and Central America
- The Caribbean
There are high- and low-admission regions and states. Each nation’s allowance for the American Green Card Lottery depends on the number of immigrant visas that country has issued to foreign citizens within the last five years. This approach ensures migration balance and stimulates diversification.
Check the list of qualified Green Card DV lottery countries to see if you can apply. Remember that the list is revised regularly, so you can visit our website periodically to get updates on any changes.
The benefits of winning the United States Green Card Lottery
Immigration to America can open many opportunities. If you plan to obtain quality higher education or wish to have access to the best healthcare services, a permanent United States residency is for you. If you want to become a citizen later, your prospects for the future will be even better.
Students with Green Cards are considered in-state permanent residents of the United States, making American colleges and universities’ tuition fees lower for them than for foreign applicants. Moreover, by winning the Diversity Visa Lottery, you gain the right to financial aid, which will reduce your study expenses dramatically.
Green Card holders also qualify for Social Security that grants United States citizens certain privileges. It provides the following benefits:
- medical and disability insurance
- childcare assistance
- rewarding retirement plans
- support for seniors
Once you obtain a Green Card by winning the United States Diversity Lottery, you will be able to find a better job as well. Permanent residents can build careers in almost any company. Unlike regular immigrants, Green Card holders don’t need sponsorship for work visas from their employers.
Personally Identifiable Information
As a general rule, the Department does not collect PII about you when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Submitting PII through our website is voluntary. By doing so, you are giving the Department your permission to use the information for the stated purpose. However, not providing certain information may result in the Department’s inability to provide you with the service you desire.
Generally, the information requested by the Department will be used to respond to your inquiry or to provide you with the service you request. When this information is requested, the reasons for collecting it, a description of the Department’s intended use of the information, how to grant consent to use mandatorily provided information, and how to grant consent for other than statutorily mandated uses will be fully described in a separate customized “Privacy Notice.” This customized Privacy Notice will either appear on the web page collecting the information or be accessible through a hyperlink (link) prominently displayed immediately above or below the information request.
Jackpot winners 2016
Below the big winners of all lotteries in the United States of America:
- December 17, 2016 Cash $121,600,000.00 annuity ($72,145,291.83 cash)
- Tennessee: November 26, 2016 Cash $420,900,000.00 annuity ($254,652,358.97 cash)
- William and Heather ten Broeke, Georgia, September 17, 2016 Cash $246,800,000.00 annuity
- Robin Egg 2016 Nominee Trust, New Hampshire, July 30, 2016 Cash $487,000,000.00 annuity
- Smith Family Lottery Pool, New Jersey, May 7, 2016 Cash $429,600,000.00 annuity ($284,097,219.71 cash )
- James Stocklas, Florida, March 2, 2016 Cash $291,400,000.00 annuity ($191,470,307.58 cash)
- Marvin and Mae Acosta, California, January 13, 2016 Cash $1,586,400,000.00 annuity (split)
- The Nickel 95 Trust, Florida, January 13, 2016 Cash $1,586,400,000.00 annuity (split)
- Lisa and John Robinson, Tennessee, January 13, 2016 Cash $1,586,400,000.00 annuity (split)
Automatically Collected Information
We collect and temporarily store certain information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes only. We collect and analyze this information because it helps us to better design our website to suit your needs. We may also automatically collect information about the web content you view in the event of a known security or virus threat. This information includes:
1. The Internet domain from which you access our website (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from an educational domain);
2. The Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access our website;
3. The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) used to access our site;
4. The operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OS, Unix) used to access our site;
5. The date and time you access our site;
6. The Universal Resource Locators (URLs), or addresses, of the pages you visit;
7. Your username, if it was used to log in to the website; and
8. If you visited this website from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.
We may share the above information with our employees or representatives with a “need-to-know” in the performance of their official duties, other Federal agencies, or other named representatives as needed to quickly process your request or transaction. This information is only used to help us make our site more useful for you. Raw data logs are retained temporarily as required for security and site management purposes only. More information about how we share information can be found in our Privacy Act Systems of Records Notices.
Information Collected for Tracking and Customization (Cookies)
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to your computer to allow it to remember specific information about your session while you are connected. Your computer will only share the information in the cookie with the website that provided it, and no other website can request it. There are two types of cookies:
- Session: Session cookies last only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie is deleted. Websites may use session cookies for technical purposes such as to enable better navigation through the site, or to allow you to customize your preferences for interacting with the site.
- Persistent: Persistent cookies are saved on a user’s hard drive in order to determine which users are new to the site or are returning, and for repeat visitors, to block recurring invitations to take the ForeSee satisfaction survey.
If you do not wish to have session or persistent cookies stored on your machine, you can turn cookies off in your browser. You will still have access to all information and resources at Department websites. However, turning off cookies may affect the functioning of some Department websites. Be aware that disabling cookies in your browser will affect cookie usage at all other websites you visit as well.
Your chances of winning the Green Card Lottery
Generally speaking, your chances of winning are very good. However, every year almost 40% of all participants are disqualified due to formal errors. This could be a photo that doesn’t meet the requirements or a wrong family status. These are only two of the many little things people can do wrong during the application process, which can result in an immediate disqualification.
The frustrating thing is: The US authorities do not tell applicants whether they have done something wrong. That means very often people enter the Green Card Lottery year after year and make exactly the same mistakes again without even knowing it. No surprise they never win.
National lottery USA
Lotteries in the United States did not always have sterling reputations. One early lottery in particular, the National Lottery, which was passed by Congress for the beautification of Washington D.C. and was administered by the municipal government, was the subject of a major U.S. Supreme Court decision Cohens v. Virginia.
The lottery never paid out, and it brought to light the prevalent issue of crookedness amongst the lotteries in the United States. The wave of anti-lottery protests finally broke through when, by 1860, all states had prohibited lotteries except Delaware, Missouri, and Kentucky. The scarcity of lotteries in the United States meant that tickets were shipped across the country and eventually led to the creation of illegal lotteries. In 1868, after years of illegal operation, the Louisiana Lottery Company obtained a 25-year charter for its state lottery system. The charter was passed by the Legislature due to immense bribing from a criminal syndicate in New York. The Louisiana Lottery Company was a derived 90% of its revenue from tickets sold across state borders. These continued issues of corruption led to the complete prohibition of lotteries in the United States by 1895. It was discovered that the promoters of the Louisiana Lottery Company had accrued immense sums of money from illegitimate sources and that the Legislature was riddled with bribery.
Before the advent of government-sponsored lotteries, many illegal lotteries thrived, such as number games. The first modern government-run US lottery was established in Puerto Rico in 1934. This was followed, decades later, by the New Hampshire lottery in 1964. Instant lottery tickets, also known as scratch cards, were introduced in the 1970s and have become a major source of lottery revenue. Individual lotteries often feature three-digit and four-digit games akin to numbers games; a five number game, and a six number game (the latter two often have a jackpot.) Some lotteries also offer at least one game similar to keno, and some offer video lottery terminals. Presently, many US lotteries support public education systems.
How to enter the Green Card Visa Lottery?
Applying for participation is quite easy and can be done online on the United States Green Card Office website. We can show you the most hassle-free way to apply in our step-by-step guide
Joining the DV Green Card Lottery with the help of a paid immigration services, such as ours, makes the process faster and painless.
Examine our comparison chart that clearly explain why it’s so important to use a professional immigration service when applying for a Green Card true the Diversity Visa Program.
Remember if your application is disqualified in the United States DV Lottery, you will have to wait for the next year before you can try again. Therefor you won’t regret a single penny spent on our immigration services because we will save your time and help you avoid the risk of rejection.
Winner distribution with Africa as an example
Why do the Green Card statistics then show that the distribution of winners among countries is not equal? Some countries, especially in Africa, have a much higher number of winners than the maximum of 3,500.
This is simply because Green Card Lottery winners are randomly selected. Within Africa, most of the applicants come from Ethiopia, Ghana, Egypt, Cameroon and the Congo. If, for example, 10% of the participants in Africa are from Ethiopia, then 10% of the winners within Africa will be statistically from Ethiopia.
It is therefore possible that Ethiopia suddenly has five times as many Green Card winners as Germany, for example. The likelihood, however, that every winner in Ethiopia will continue with the Green Card application or fulfill the requirements is extremely low.
The reason behind this is as follows:
- Not every winner continues with the Green Card application process.
- This may be the case for winners who do not wish to carry on with the Green Card application process or may not meet the requirements necessary to get a Green Card. This is the case in many African countries.
- Often winners do not have the necessary education or work experience to fulfill the requirements.
- Moreover, it is difficult for many African winners to prove that they have sufficient financial resources to make a fresh start in the USA.
Как получить грин-карту
Получить вид на жительство в США можно несколькими способами:
- Вступить в брак с гражданином страны.
- Подать заявку на воссоединение семьи.
- Открыть рабочую визу с вызовом от работодателя.
- Открыть или приобрести бизнес в стране.
- Попросить политического убежища.
- Наконец, выиграть грин-карту в Диверсификационной визовой лотерее.
Если у вас нет близких родственников в США, вам не спешат предложить здесь работу или руку и сердце, денег на открытие бизнеса нет, и вы не имеете ни малейшего отношения к гонимым национальным и политическим группам или религиозным и социальным меньшинствам, остается последний вариант — самый очевидный, но в то же время самый сложный — выиграть грин-карту.
Грин-карта: требования к соискателям
Право попытать счастья в визовой лотерее могут граждане стран, допущенных к участию в лотерее — с низким уровнем иммиграции в США, имеющие среднее образование. Если такового не имеется, подойдет 2-летний стаж работы по специальности, на которую обучаются не менее 2 лет. Стаж должен быть свежим — за последние 5 лет.
Ограничений по возрасту нет, но образовательный ценз отсеивает подавляющее большинство претендентов младше 18 лет. Первое условие можно обойти: правила лотереи позволяют заявителю позиционировать себя в качестве представителя страны рождения супруга или одного из родителей.
Перед подачей заявки на грин-карту учтите следующее:
- Предоставляйте только достоверные данные! Если после розыгрыша всплывет неправда (а она обязательно всплывет), ваш выигрыш аннулируют. Не тратьте свое время зря.
- В случае выигрыша одного из членов семьи грин-карта автоматически полагается его супругу/супруге и не состоящим в браке детям до 21 года. Если удача улыбнется именно вам, готовы ли вы расстаться с родителями, выросшими детьми и другими дорогими вашему сердцу людьми? Если сомневаетесь — не спешите подавать заявку. Возможно, вы так и не решитесь переехать, лишив шанса того, кому он крайне необходим.
- У обладателей грин-карт появляются не только права, но и обязанности. Одержав победу в визовой лотерее, вы должны будете платить налоги, оповещать миграционную службу о смене места жительства, а мужчинам в возрасте 18–25 лет придется зарегистрироваться для возможного прохождения армейской службы.
- Иммиграция в США — удовольствие не из дешевых. Прежде чем ступить на американскую землю, вам придется потратиться на консульский сбор за иммиграционную визу, обследование в аккредитованном медицинском учреждении, ну и, собственно, на Green Card.
Высоки ли шансы выиграть грин-карту
Ежегодно лотерея учреждает около 50 тыс. призов, тогда как претендентов — примерно на 10 млн. То есть победителем становится 1 один из 200 участников. И все равно шансы выиграть в визовой лотерее намного выше, чем вероятность сорвать большой куш в обычной. Победителей определяет программа — генератор случайных чисел, так что подтасовка результатов исключена.
Оценив целесообразность усилий и взвесив все «за» и «против», можете приступать к следующему этапу — подаче заявки. Чтобы повысить свои шансы на выигрыш, делать это лучше обоим супругам — правила лотереи это не запрещают.
What education or work requirements must I meet?
You can apply for the Green Card Lottery when …
… you can prove that you have at least a US high school diploma or an equivalent level of education. This means that participants should have completed at least 12 years of formal primary and secondary schooling.
… you can prove at least two years of work experience within the past five years in a qualified profession. Qualified professions are those that require at least two years of training. Please refer to the database provided by the Department of State to check if your job qualifies.
People who do not fulfill the above requirements cannot, unfortunately, apply for the lottery. If you have doubts, The American Dream is here to assist and advise you. If it is not possible for you to participate in the Green Card Lottery, you can still travel to the USA with an ESTA or apply for a US visa for longer trips across America.
Sample Letters and checks
Please check out the sample scam letters and checks by clicking the small images.
Not all scams will look just like these, but they give you a good idea a what to look for.
These are real scam letters and checks sent to us by our readers. You will note that some of the materials are very easy to see that it’s a scam, and others look authentic. But for those who don’t know anything about lottery games, even the clear forgeries can look real.
In the sample letters, see if you can spot:
- The misspelling «Congradulations»
- Prize description does not match the game they are referring to (Mega Millions does not have a prize category «A», whatever that is)
- Use of USA Mega logo, to try to make the letter seem legitimate
- The barcode at the bottom, to try and make the letter seem legitimate, except the barcode reads «0123456789» — not exactly a realistic code!
- Just the fact that you’re getting a letter at all is odd. In Mega Millions you buy tickets, and the lottery has no idea who the winners are before they walk into lottery headquarters and redeem the ticket. Think about it: isn’t that why you hear about unclaimed jackpots all the time? The lottery has no idea who to tell about the win, because all tickets are bought anonymously!
What information is asked for in the application?
Registering for the Green Card Lottery takes place online and is non-binding. If you have ever played with the idea of moving to the USA or have been a long-time, die-hard America fan, then you won’t regret participating in the Green Card Lottery. In case you win, you decide if you want to accept the Green Card or not. Basically, the doors of opportunity are open to you and the Green Card gives you the flexibility to decide if you want to permanently live and work in the USA.
Most importantly, this flexibility is given to you through winning a Green Card. In the application form for the Green Card Lottery, you must give personal details like your first and last name, date of birth, country and city of birth, passport information, level of education as well as a digital photo. This information is also required for each member of your family, with the exception of their passport details.
Many USA fans ask us about how good their English skills must be to apply for the Green Card Lottery. Principally, participants must not prove any special language skills. Many of our winners have quite the story to tell! Without speaking a word of English, many people have participated in the lottery, won and successfully emigrated to the USA! We still recommend that you attend English courses at a language school so that you are best prepared when you win the lottery.
Proof of finances
Furthermore, applicants must not provide proof of their finances at the time that they apply for the Green Card Lottery. This information will first be requested once the Green Card has been won.
Why should I trust The American Dream?
The American Dream is one of the largest Green Card Lottery agencies worldwide. Based in Germany, our company has helped thousands upon thousands of USA fans around the world realize their dreams and immigrate to the USA.
In Germany alone, about 50% of all Green Card Lottery winners have participated with our help every year. That means we provide half of all winners in this country! An overwhelming number, isn’t it?
But we do not only help participants from Germany. Every year we help people from all over the world to realize their dream of immigrating to the USA. If you want to maximize your chances of winning as well, participate today!
Is my country of birth important for the Green Card Lottery?
Your country of birth plays an important role in the Green Card Lottery because some countries are not allowed to participate. Countries who are excluded usually have an already high rate of immigration to the USA. Every country which has received more than 50,000 U.S. Green Cards through other legal immigration paths, such as family- or work-based visas over the last five years are automatically excluded from the lottery. The list of excluded countries, therefore, can change from year to year. It is worth the time to check the list of excluded countries regulary to see if new counties have been added or taken off the list. Please take note that your nationality plays no role in the Green Card Lottery. Only your country of birth according to current borders is important in deciding if you can participate in the drawing.
To participate in the Green Card Lottery, you only have to meet two criteria!
Exceptions for people born in an excluded country
There are, however, exceptions! People who were born in an excluded country can still apply to the Green Card Lottery under certain conditions. They are when:
- The spouse of the participant was born in a country that can actively participate;
- People born in an excluded country can participate if their parents were only in the country of their birth temporarily for, for example, their studies or work. In this case, both parents must have been born in a country which can participate in the lottery.
In these cases, the participant can take on, so to say, the country of their parents or spouse and enter the country as their “native country” when applying. If you are unsure, please don’t hesitate to contact us. The American Dream has made it their mission to help those who want to emigrate to the USA reach their goals. We are here for you if you have any questions or concerns.