Another diagram, in which the results of the answers may lead to incorrect final decisions.
Causes, on which Russians do not participate in lotteries
The first four points are extremely eloquent. (judging by the % multiple answers were allowed:
- 39% don't believe in the possibility of winning
- 27% this is basically not interesting (don't see the point)
- 21% consider lotteries a waste of money (this is consonant with the previous paragraph)
- 17% do not believe in the fairness of lotteries
What conclusion does GFK make? The most paradoxical - most do not participate because they do not believe in winning, а готовы были бы играть если бы лотерея гарантировала выигрыш в 100% cases, that is, it would be a win-win.
Meanwhile, a win-win lottery can exist in three cases:
- when the prize is always less than the cost of participation (bought a ticket for 100 rub., won 20-50 rub)
- when the organizer distributes money for free in a circle (10 people bought 10 tickets, каждый стоимостью по 100 rubles. And each of them "won" - 100 rubles)
- ever lottery services or full / partial funding of the prize fund comes from outside.
clear, that in our reality all these options (Besides, can, the first) not achievable and meaningless. The result is, that the lottery organizer is receiving confirmation of recent policies, pronounced in the New Year's drawings, when the prize pool is split into very small prizes, allowing to advertise the lottery, in which "wins" (but in fact only returns the cost of the ticket) every second.
Interesting, what's the matter of ticket cost (minimum rate) apparently not considered, как фактор влияющий на число участников. Although only 10% called the cost of lotteries affordable. Also, the frequency of draws was not discussed. (for number lotteries), and the main motive for participation, how one would expect it became financial
Motives for participating in lotteries
Audience of Russian lotteries
Detailed information about the audience and its behavior, раскрыта в двух презентациях (2016 and 2017 year), исследование потребителей для группы компаний «Столото» проводило ООО «ГфК-Русь». Screenshots from the mentioned presentations used below.
Participation in lottery draws, 2016 year (research by OOO GfK-Rus, screen from presentation)
Numbers, иллюстрирующие количество участников лотерей в 2016-м красноречивы: number of Russians, покупающих лотерейные билеты на регулярной основе, крайне невелико. Total 16,3% took part in lotteries in the last two years. Wherein:
- 56,6% - have never taken part in lotteries
- 27,1% took part, but more than 2 years ago
IN 2017 number of Russians, addicted to lotteries, little has changed: лишь 17% из них тратили свои деньги на эти цели.
Participation in the lottery drawing, 2016 and 2017 year
Interesting, that a significant proportion of players (44%) never bought lottery tickets for the last (considered) month. При этом сегмент активных участников (more 3 tickets per month) totaled only 10%. Также в исследовании отмечается, that the average cost of buying lottery tickets has increased significantly from 217 rubles in 2016 to 284 rubles in 2017. true, nowhere said, that this is just a result of price increases.
Therefore, bravura statements that, that Russians massively began to participate in lotteries is a myth, supported by concept substitution. The number of regular participants in Russian lotteries remains extremely low, 2-3% Russians (17% in 2017 * 10% active players). This figure is ten times less than in most foreign countries., and less, than it was once in the Soviet Sportloto.
Tasks and goals of promotion
В описанию к конкурсному заданию сказано, that Stoloto distinguishes three categories of users:
- new members - those, who has never participated in lotteries in their life
- играют время от времени — люди, who bought one or more lottery tickets, but did not become permanent participants
- regular players are those, who buy lottery tickets regularly
All categories are divided into a young audience (from 18 to 25 and by 26 to 35) and the usual (older 35 years). At the same time, Stoloto sees the main problems in the audience before 30 years:
- low knowledge about lotteries as a way of spending leisure time or getting a drive
- very low confidence in lotteries, eg, betting is considered a more honest and transparent business
- устаревший подход к коммуникациям в социальных медиа и мессенджерах
It is for the age group under 30 that there will be, seem to be, нацелено планируемое продвижение в соцсетях. Will it allow attracting new members? Or a deeper study of the problem is needed, which can lead to completely different initial data and possible activities?
В случае со Столото вопрос решается просто — за счет монопольного положения и отсутствия конкуренции можно показывать хороший результат даже исходя из ошибочных вводных. But, и показатели будет хороши только для российского рынка, whereas compared to most other lottery countries, we are losing great, for all important parameters.