Powerball multi-state lottery, played in 43 states, Washington DC and US Virgin Islands. This is a combo game with a big jackpot and a cash game with nine ways to win.
How can I play Powerball?To play Powerball in Pennsylvania and other states, you start by buying a ticket for 1 dollars, and then pick five numbers plus the Powerball. Powerball tickets can be purchased in thirteen weeks.
Powerball ticket purchase time – 9:59 ET evenings on draw days (Wednesdays and Saturdays).
- Complete the selection form at a participating Powerball store and select five white numbers, each of which ranges from 1 to 55. Then select one red Powerball from the second set of numbers ranging from 1 to 42.
- As with other PA lottery games, Powerball players can also pick random numbers, computer generated, – Quick Pick. You can also choose either five white numbers, or the red Powerball number, and the computer will generate a Quick Pick for other numbers.
what, if there is an error on my Powerball ticket?Unlike other Pennsylvania lottery games, which allow the seller to cancel the ticket at your request, you cannot cancel a Powerball ticket after purchasing it. To eliminate the possibility of an error when entering from the seller's side, it is best to fill out the official Powerball betting slip, which will be read automatically.
When drawings are in Powerball?Powerball draws take place in 22:59 Eastern Time every Wednesday and Saturday.
How can I win a Powerball prize?To win the Powerball jackpot, you must match all five numbers plus the Powerball. The chances of this are approximately 1 on 146 million. As with other PA lottery games, different amounts of money can also be won, matching fewer numbers, what gives 9 different ways to win a Powerball prize, while the overall chances of winning a prize are 1 to 36,61:
- 5 white + powerball = Powerball jackpot prize (probability of winning 1 in 146 107 962)
- 5 white = Prize in the amount 1 000 000 US dollars (probability of winning 1 in 5 153 633)
- 4 white + Powerball = Prize in the amount 10 000 dollars (chances of winning 1 in 648 976)
- 4 white = Prize in the amount $ 100 (chances of winning 1 of 19 088)
- 3 white + Powerball = Prize in the amount $ 100 (probability of winning 1 in 12 245)
- 3 white = Prize in the amount 7 US dollars (probability of winning 1 in 360)
- 2 white + Powerball = Prize in 7 dollars (chances of winning 1 in 706)
- 1 white + Powerball = Prize 4 $ (probability of winning 1 in 111)
- Powerball only = Prize 4 $ (chances of winning 1 of 55)
What is Power Play? How can this raise my winnings?For additional 1 USD per Powerball game you can multiply your prize by 2, 3, 4 or 5 times the original prize amount, choosing the Power Play option when purchasing a Powerball ticket. Your prize winnings (not including Powerball jackpot and match bonus 5) will be multiplied by 2, 3 or 4, whichever, what prize will you win. Prizes in size 4 dollars triple to 12 dollars, prize in 10 000 dollars – four times before 40 000 dollars, and all other prizes are doubled.
What is Powerball Match Bonus Prize 5?Prize Match 5 + 0 with the Power Play option costs $ 2 000 000.
How much is the Powerball jackpot?Powerball jackpot starts at 40 million dollars and increases after each Powerball no-jackpot draw.
18 May 2013 Gloria McKenzie of Zephyrhills, Florida, won the largest Powerball jackpot ever, 590,5 million dollars.
What are the payment options, if i win the powerball jackpot?Can't decide, how do you want money? This is normal. With Powerball you have 60 days, to solve, would you like, so that all winnings are paid as an annuity over a 25 year period, or half the amount, payable immediately in cash.
How do I find the winning Powerball numbers?
- Watch the Powerball picture live on KDKA 2 (CBS). Other regional news stations (WTAE Channel 4, WPXI Channel 11) also usually broadcast the winning numbers during their nightly news broadcasts with 11 to 23:30.
- Sign up for daily Powerball email or text alerts with winning numbers and jackpot info.
- Visit a Pennsylvania Retail Lottery Store, to find out the winning numbers.
Visit the Pennsylvania Lottery site the day after the Powerball draw
Any numbers win more, than others?According to statistics, your chances should be the same, no matter, what number will you choose. If you like playing with numbers, check the frequency of the Powerball numbers, to see, what numbers are most suitable, and historical winning numbers to view past winners.